Depending on your business, you may be most susceptible to threats and thefts when the sun is down. The cover of night makes it easier for people to hide and you may not even know a crime has been committed until the next day. Whether your company has ever had a threat occur at night, or if your business could be at risk for nighttime threats, night security coverage could be right for you.
Night security is big in hotels, hospitals and other places of business that are open throughout the night, but even if your business is closed, you could benefit from having a night guard. You may be thinking that you could just use anyone to watch over your business at night, but it’s important that you have someone trained to respond to any type of emergency. You may go one night without an incident or you may go five years, but you don’t want the guard on duty to be unprepared when and if one does occur.
So what types of places can benefit from overnight security?
- Hotels: With guests coming in and out at all hours, it’s important to have overnight security in hotels. There may be an emergency with a guest in their room or with a guest that is just coming home. Travelers are great targets for theft, and it is the hotel’s responsibility to make sure that all their guests are protected and safe.
- Hospitals: As with hotels, hospitals have many people coming in and out through all hours of the night. There are often many people, and almost all are stressed out due to work or injuries, whether the injury is theirs or one of someone else. Having security aids in keeping order and it is extremely important to have a qualified guard in the event of an emergency. The last thing you want in a hospital is added chaos that could have been avoided.
- Parking Lots: Parking lots can be really dangerous at night and they aren’t always easy to avoid. They are dark, empty and have a lot of areas that may not be under surveillance. It is easy for someone to attack another in an empty, dark parking lot, but security guards can help decrease the chance of this happening. Properly trained guards are happy to walk people to their cars and ensure the safety of everyone coming in and out of the lot.
- Neighborhoods and Apartment Buildings: As the owner of property manager of a neighborhood or apartment building, you are responsible for the safety of your residents. You don’t want any unauthorized entries into the property, nor do you want your residents making trouble. Neighborhoods and apartment buildings often require more than one overnight guard because of their size. It’s a good idea to have one at every entrance/exit point (or have one person watching all these areas through cameras), as well as one roaming the grounds.
- Malls and Stores: Security in malls and stores is especially important if the merchandise inside is extremely valuable. You don’t want to come into your jewelry store in the morning to find all your diamonds, gems and gold missing. If you don’t think a guard is necessary for your store, you should definitely have surveillance cameras. Store theft can result in a lot of lost merchandise, which results in lost profit. Avoid that loss by hiring security to watch over your store or an entire mall.
- Schools: While there may be no students or teachers to protect at night, schools are still at risk of vandalism. Many times, the vandals will be students of the school, which makes it easier for them because they may know which entrance is easy to get into or at what hours the school is no longer under surveillance. Having a security guard can protect against any vandalism and theft, which can lead to high costs for the school.
We all know the importance of security during working business hours, but you may be able to benefit and go home at ease with night security coverage. Use a company you can trust, and one that will match the security guard to meet the needs of your business. It’s not enough to just place someone in a guard uniform and hope for the best. Guards should be trained in not only customer service, but also how to react to an emergency. For more information about overnight security coverage, give us a call at 305-945-5022 or visit ornasecurity.us.